Faxes are a great way to get documents and information delivered quickly. But with the digital age upon us, it’s becoming less necessary for businesses to rely on fax machines. With an online fax API, developers can build apps and systems that can send and receive faxes without printing them out or using paper. It gives enterprises more control over their office communications while offering an easy-to-use interface for employees who need to send faxes anywhere.
Have you ever wanted to know more about fax API? If so, then this blog post is for you. The main goal is to give you a brief overview of what is fax API and its usefulness in small to large companies and enterprises. This will help you understand if you should use a fax API in your business or not.
We will answer the basic questions you have in mind and clarify any confusion. You don’t have to worry about the technical terminologies. We will also try to simplify the definitions, how APIs work, and how to get started in your current system.
Table of Contents
- What Is an API?
- How Does Fax API Work?
- How Does Fax API Bring Value to Your Business?
- How Do I Get Started With Fax API?
- Final Thoughts
What Is an API?
The term API stands for Application Programming Interface. It is a set of technological and logical standards that software developers may use to create and enable new features across various computer systems or programs, allowing the software and programs to work with one another using an interface.
An API makes it possible to add new features and functions to an existing system or program without having direct access to its source code. For example, the Facebook API allows third-party developers to integrate their software and applications with the social network to engage users and drive traffic back to their apps. In short, think of it as a bridge connecting one app and the other.
How Does Fax API Work?
Now let’s put it in the context of online faxing. A fax API is a technology that allows companies to send and receive documents directly from or to fax machines and over the internet. It is a powerful programmable fax tool to modernize your faxing experience in your company. Fax API allows you to integrate faxing into your business process with the latest technology and cost-effective options for sending, receiving, managing, and archiving faxes.
It provides an easy way to send documents via email or upload them directly from the computer without using paper. Sending files through Fax API will be more accessible than ever because you can use a web browser on any device with an internet connection – no more clunky hardware or software. Once received, faxes can be saved in various formats like PDFs (Printable Document Format), popularly used by many organizations today.
How Does Fax API Bring Value to Your Business?
Fax API can save your business money because your employees can send faxes directly from personal computers and smartphones. It also saves time because you don’t need to print out paper documents, or your staff doesn’t have to walk them over to the fax machine and sit around while it prints out each page before putting everything in an envelope.
Even if your faxes are transmitted digitally, the files are received in printable formats directly to the recipient’s fax machine. Everything is available electronically when you use a Fax API, and you may integrate custom faxing features, depending on how you want them to use in your business, such as the following:
- Fax broadcasting – send a single page to multiple recipients without having to assign contacts manually. It saves you and your employees more time, especially if you have hundreds and thousands of contacts that you regularly fax weekly and monthly.
- Automatic retries and scheduling – no more unsent faxes since you can configure features in your faxing system to ensure all faxes are sent at just the right time. You may even include a scheduling option so you can plan your faxes, especially for recurring transactions.
- Custom HIPAA & GLBA cover sheet templates – instead of creating new fax cover sheets, your developers can create custom-based HIPAA and GLBA compliant templates that you can easily choose whenever you send new fax. You don’t have to write or create one from scratch.
- Integrate other business apps – connect your existing business apps such as cloud storage, email, CRMs, ERMs, and others to have a unified system together with your mobile faxing app.
- Reduce faxing costs – no need to pay for ink and toner replacements and maintenance costs since you will embrace paperless faxing. Moreover, you will also save space in your office because you can save all your faxes in the cloud.
How Do I Get Started With Fax API?
A company would use a fax API technology for improving internal communications within an organization or between different divisions of the same group operating in other geographical locations. It’s possible to automate your workflows without complicating your existing IT infrastructure. You first need to find a reliable online fax service company that offers fax API for businesses and enterprises.
Look for a fax service provider that will walk you through the process with easy onboarding on the API so that your developers can already test its features before you fully commit to the service.
Fax API makes it easier for developers and IT professionals to integrate custom and even advanced faxing features in your online faxing system. It simplifies sending faxes through an easy-to-use interface with all the features you need in one place. We hope this article has helped you understand what an API is and how it can help your business succeed.
The capabilities offered by fax API make it suitable for many different business types. It doesn’t matter what kind of organization you run because no matter what, fax API will benefit your business in one way or another.
If that’s not enough, why not explore iFax fax API yourself and let your in-house developers deploy it for testing. Our team will be happy to assist you with further questions as you explore them. Custom features are possible with our API.