OCR for online faxing allows users to scan, transcribe, and convert documents quickly and effortlessly. The character recognition feature on iFax is intuitive and automated. Follow the steps below to start using OCR on iFax:
- Go to ifaxapp.com and sign up for a new account. Log in if you already have an existing account.
- Enter the iFax dashboard and click Settings on the dashboard’s left-hand side.
- Under the General tab, click OCR & Data Export. This submenu will let you edit settings related to the iFax OCR functionality.
4. You may toggle the automatic conversion of images from new faxes.
5. You can convert existing faxes to searchable text.
6. It’s also possible to create custom fields for names, dates, and other information.
Note that automatic conversion from fax images to searchable text comes at an additional cost. Similarly, activating OCR for existing fax images comes with a one-time fee.
Once you’ve activated the fax OCR feature, you can toggle the search button on your dashboard to index converted searchable texts. This option will make it easier to locate and sort fax images that iFax has already scanned and converted.