Faxing important documents can be a time-consuming and cumbersome task. What more if you need to send a PDF via fax? It would be a hassle to convert it into a format suitable for transmission. Fortunately, we are now at a time where you can fax a PDF online at the touch of a button.
In this post, we will explore various ways to fax PDFs online. So whether you need to fax a PDF form, invoice, or contract, you can do it without much hassle.
Table of Contents
Can I Send a PDF Online via Fax?
Yes, you can. Plus, it’s more convenient since you do not need to use a fax machine and worry about its costly maintenance. You can also save on gas by not needing to drive to the nearby UPS or Staples.
To fax a PDF online, you can use an online fax service like iFax. After creating an account and choosing a plan, you can immediately start faxing. You can fax the PDF directly from your Google Drive or Dropbox account. You only need to select and send the PDF to a valid fax number.
You can also fax directly from the web. With iFax, you can fax a PDF online by following these steps:
- Go to the iFax website and sign up for a free account. You can upgrade this account later, depending on your faxing needs.
- Log in to your web dashboard, then click New Fax > Compose Fax to open the compose window. You do not need a fax number to send a fax.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number in the appropriate field. Make sure to include the country code if sending to an international number.
- Upload the PDF documents you want to fax. You can upload multiple PDFs in a single fax.
- Review the details you entered and edit if necessary.
- Send the fax. Our online fax service will automatically convert your PDF into a fax and send it to the recipient’s fax machine.
To confirm the successful delivery of your fax, you can check the transmission receipt or send a confirmation request.
Can I Fax a PDF via Email?
Using iFax, you can fax a PDF online from your email. It’s a straightforward process that requires no additional setups or special software. The key here is to use the email you linked to your online fax provider. If not, then you won’t be able to send a fax.
To fax a PDF online via email, you need to:
- Open Gmail, Outlook, or whatever email service you are using.
- In the To field, enter firstname.lastname@example.org, then your recipient’s fax number in the subject field.
- Add a cover page comment or any disclaimer in the email body. Although optional, this can help prevent unauthorized users from viewing your confidential PDFs.
- Hit the send button to send the email.
- Wait for the email confirmation stating that the fax has been successfully delivered.
How Do I Fax a PDF From My Cell Phone
Using your phone to fax offers flexibility and convenience. Suppose you need to fax a PDF online to someone urgently, but you don’t have a fax machine. In this case, you can use your Android or iOS phone to send a fax. The steps are pretty simple:
- Download the iFax app from the Play Store or App Store.
- Open the app and follow the steps shown to create an account.
- Choose the option to send a new fax.
- Select the PDF file you want to fax from your phone’s storage or cloud storage.
- Enter the recipient’s fax number and other required information.
- Tap on Send and let the app take care of the rest.
You will know if your fax has been successfully transmitted to the recipient because you will receive a push notification.
How Can I Fax a PDF From My Computer
To fax a PDF online using your PC or laptop is relatively easy. With an online fax service like iFax, you can skip connecting to a fax modem. All you need is to install our fax software and connect your PC to the internet. After this, you are all set to follow these steps:
- Open the fax software from your desktop.
- Click the option for sending a new fax.
- Provide the fax number of your recipient or select an existing contact.
- Fill out the rest of the required fields, like your recipient’s name and message subject.
- Click Add Document, then select the PDF file from your cloud drive or local folder.
- Click Send and wait for the software to confirm the status of your fax. You can also view the dashboard to keep track of your outgoing fax history.
If you are using a Mac, you can download our fax software from the Mac App Store for free.
5 Best Practices When It Comes to Faxing PDFs
Faxing a PDF online can be a convenient and efficient way to transmit documents. Here are the five most important best practices when faxing PDFs:
- Use high-quality PDFs. Make sure to fax high-quality PDFs. Low-quality PDFs can be difficult to read and may become illegible when faxed, resulting in a failed transmission.
- Compress PDFs. PDFs can be quite large, which can cause problems during transmission. Compressing these files can reduce their size, which can help expedite the faxing process.
- Use a cover page. When faxing a PDF online, consider using a cover page. The cover page acts as an additional layer of security, preventing anyone from accidentally viewing the contents of your fax.
- Encrypt sensitive PDFs. If you’re faxing a PDF that contains sensitive information, it’s a good idea to encrypt the file before sending it. An encrypted file will be much harder to intercept as it will be unreadable to anyone with unauthorized access.
- Confirm receipt. Once you’ve faxed a PDF, confirming receipt with the recipient is always a good idea. This way, it will be easier for you to resolve any issues before they turn into something serious.
Effortlessly Fax PDFs Online Anywhere, Anytime
Knowing the various ways to fax PDFs online offers unprecedented convenience. It allows those who are always on the go to fax without needing a fax machine. Through online services like iFax, faxing PDFs online has become effortless.
If you want to experience hassle-free PDF faxing, then it’s time to take advantage of our online fax solution.