How much are you really aware of the faxing industry? Is fax still in use? What do you mean by cloud fax, internet fax services, etc? Although there are many questions that may arise due to the constantly evolving technology in every segment, especially in the fax industry.
We are going to bring to light some of the above-said points in this informative blog post. But first of all, let us tell you that, fax is not only alive but evolving with the technology and has drastically changed as compared to its first footprints that came a century ago. However, it is still used by many as a means of secure document delivery and transmitting valuable information. Below-mentioned is few of the fast facts that check out on how fax has evolved and will probably leave you aghast:
- The initial trial run of fax transmission was performed by Alexander Bain to send across an image over a wire on a fax machine prototype. It might be shocking-cum-surprising but fax came into existence around 200 years ago!
- Though against the favored notion that fax and its usage is declining, however, its opposite is true. IDC’s 2017 fax survey stated that the year-on-year projection of fax usage is going to grow at 25%.
- One of the statistics of fax pages sent in 2017 came out to be 200 billion pages only in the U.S, averaging about to 6000 pages per second.
- Over 80% of the survey respondents agreed about the increased usage of fax or at least remained the same from the previous year.
- Due to the rise in online fax services, cloud faxing also gained momentum and it was observed that many high usage fax industry segments were already in with 31% faxing activity which was further speculated to grow over 70% in the next three years.
- A whopping 90% of the survey respondents agreed about their organization being intrigued by the notion to send and receive faxes online and have started adapting and integrating their fax system with other technologies/applications or at least evaluating the options.
Fax remains one of the crucial and trusted methods of document transmission for various industry verticals such as legal, healthcare, real estate, etc. wherein there is a high usage observed. Moreover, as compared to the traditional fax method, online web fax offers a much higher level of safe and secure document transmission. This in turn also ensures the compliance and privacy laws associated in terms of securing the confidential and sensitive information of customers.
Implementing cloud fax services or mobile fax machines for your business can take away all your worries of traditional faxing such as high cost, machine maintenance, dissatisfied service, etc. It is established that the fax and related services are evolving with technology. From online or internet fax solutions to cloud-based online fax service, industry data suggests that more than 80% of small & medium business owners and large enterprises use fax in some or the other way.
iFax, world’s #1 online fax app that lets you instantly send and receive online faxes. The iFax app is available on 5 major platforms i.e, iOS, MacOS, Android, Windows, and WebApp. It’s presence spanned across 17 countries and already comes equipped with a state-of-the-art integrated document scanner.
The cloud supportive invoice maker is trustworthy in its industry segment. Additionally, it features fax image editing with automated fax image optimization. With annotate PDFs, fill forms, and adding a digital signature – iFax comes as a clear winner when it comes to the pool of companies offering online fax services.
There are multifarious useful and handy office & business application tools that have been build to give robust performance based on the business-centric needs. It is a blessing for small, medium or large enterprises to make use of such apps to enjoy and complete their office tasks hassle-free, conveniently and simultaneously being time-efficient.