The way people send and receive faxes has evolved through the years, thanks to advancements in technology. What once was an activity that was dependent on a landline and an actual machine has developed into a smartphone-internet collaboration, with no fixed lines and equipment involved.
How to get a traditional fax number
In the past, getting a traditional fax number meant subscribing to a landline service that can call both locally and internationally. It also required that you own a fax machine. Your fax number was then assigned by your telco provider for use exclusively for faxing. It was an additional paid service on top of your regular phone line. While that sounds pretty straightforward, it was a highly unsecure way of transmitting potentially sensitive information.
Why you should get a free fax number online
Today, faxes can be sent via encrypted channels online and using only a laptop or smartphone and an internet connection. By partnering with an online fax service, you can send and receive faxes for free and even select your own free fax number with your chosen area code. This faxing solution is more secure, affordable, environment-friendly, and easy to set up and use.
- Secure: Most online faxing services are highly encrypted, using 256-bit SSL or similar systems, to ensure that only the sender and receiver of the document can access it. Many are also HIPAA, GDPR, and GLBA-compliant*.
- Affordable: Faxing online means there’s no need to pay for paper, a fax machine, and its maintenance. You can also send and receive faxes even when you are not in the office.
- Environment-friendly: Faxes are saved as electronic files, eliminating the need for paper and equipment. They can also be signed electronically.
- Easy to set up and use: All you need to do is download an online faxing app and be connected to the internet to start sending and receiving faxes.
*HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996), GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679), GLBA (Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act/ Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999)
In this article, we look at how to get a free fax number online using iFax.
How to get a free fax number online with iFax: Step by step
Now, let’s jump right into the step-by-step guide on how to get a free fax number. The following steps are for iFax. However, this process can give you an idea of what you might see with other fax service providers.
2) To create your free fax number, you will need to select Country, City and/or Area Code, and then choose your desired fax number.
3) Next, you can review the subscription charges and free trial plan information and conditions related to it. More importantly, all of these services allow you to cancel the subscription anytime.
4) Once you have read the free trial plan and have made an informed decision after reviewing the features, you can move further by providing your financial information to confirm the purchase of your fax number.
Why do I need to provide my financial information if I am getting a free trial?
This information is necessary once your free trial has run out. After your free trial, your financial information on file will be charged with the subscription price you selected. It is important to note this can be canceled at any time.
Can I keep my free fax number after my free trial ends?
Canceling your subscription would also mean losing your fax number and repeating this process with any other online fax service provider. Hence, you can get a free fax number for a free trial period, after which you will need to subscribe to the package. Thankfully, iFax provides flexible and affordable pricing options for you to choose from, which can range from monthly to yearly plans.
iFax also provides unique plans that are customized to the needs of your business. Some industries that iFax offers customized online fax solutions include healthcare, legal, financial services, and more.
With iFax, you can lower costs by eliminating costs to maintain your fax machine, the cost of paper, and other traditional fax costs. Plus, the charges to send one fax via email can cost you less than your tea or coffee.
Ready to streamline your fax process and get your online fax number? Create an account with iFax today and discover how cloud-based faxing can enhance your business communications!